Friday, March 16, 2007

When the cookie crumbles-get a spoon!

The view from my office! This is all I need. After moving to Vermont living slope side, falling in love with being that high-that close to something so vast; I vowed to myself that that's the setting I would surround myself with for the rest of my life! So, what happened?! I tortured myself (in a good way) and moved to Seattle! Hell, I wouldn't be who I am now if I hadn't tried something new!! I'm just reflecting on my life from when I was on my own last-how I felt then, how I feel now. I don't want to sound like a tree hugger; but just connecting with how my (just mine) soul feels. I took a hike yesterday-same ole hike I've hiked dozens of times, but for some reason it felt different. I haven't gained any powers or anything...but I appreciated all the sounds more so than I have before! The river was rushing over rocks, the snow crunching. Just being in silence and hearing myself breath.

I read this book that my father gave me a long time back, about a man on a journey. This man told his father he was confused, so his father sent him on a voyage that had no expiration or route; his father only gave him the first bearings. He traveled all around Tibet looking for something, meeting people, talking-experiencing, staying in one place for as long as needed; contemplating/discussing/asking questions about his uncertainty in life. He didn't know what he was looking for but every soul he encountered directed him to his next destination until he found it...Himself! At the end of the book-I was like-"that's it?!". He travels for years, decades-just to find out that what he was looking for was himself!! I get it now. Not sure where I have misplaced that book, I would love to read it again. But I guess I don't need it...I'm writing my own!

No comments: