Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Marking the Finale

This marks the end of our season. Very sad, but it was time...my body was telling me it was time. So now, I have hiking, running and mountain biking to be had!! The last day was Sunday, really nice day but my body was cashed, so I took a few runs, Headwaters and 6er for some park-called it a day and started my apres. We had a few beers on the deck and headed into the bar to hear Terry play his o' so famous gaper songs. It got super busy so I jumped behind the bar to do what I do best! Jenny and Jeremiah were the only bartenders and the crowds got too demanding for their stamina. We finished out the evening with absolutely no beer and Jenny and I on the bar dancing like coyote ugly!! Oh you just can't resist Terry and his lyrics! So their you have it-Closed for the season-whoa! The next day was employee ski day. I had to work in the morning giving out tickets and then strapped onto my board for fun. Met up with the park crew for some jib nasty good times-as well as my drop gully run (god, I love this run and I feel completely satisfied to have hit it one more time before next season)-BBQ in the woods next to the park (where there's a propane grill)-they had closed the lifts by then so we hiked out back to the base for the employee feast and free beer. Very mellow, awards handed out-called it and headed to JD's before we went to grab some drinks to finalize the evening and call it quits. Now I can officially say that I can hibernate and take 'er easy for awhile. My final feelings are: AHHHHHH, SIGH!

No comments: